Cat Creation Query - Specify Coin ID

I was wondering if there is any way to specify which coin ID the transaction should use when creating a CAT?

I know there is the --select-coin option, however what if I wanted to create CATS in a particular order based on coin ID. It seems I can only make a CAT with the ID of the coin returned by the --select-coin option.

For example I have the following coin IDs:

The select coin option returns coin ID: 12345, but I wanted to specifically use coin name: 54321. At the moment I can’t see a way to use the coin ID I choose.

This is not a feature as of yet, but it certainly could be. It would require a little back end work as right now the wallet is only smart enough to use coins if you provide it with the full information not just the ID.

1 Like

Thanks @quexington , I’ll look into maybe requesting this as a feature.

Would you be able to elaborate more as to how exactly I could do this with ‘full information’? I need to be able to specify which coin the transaction should use to mint the CAT in a particular order.

Further to the above, I was wondering if it would be possible to specify a coin id by building a spend bundle json to spend the CAT manually, and using cdv rpc pushtx? I’ve tried this recently however an error occurred

This should be possible, but not supported.